Blueberries are many a child’s favourite fruit: Sweet, small, and the best thing about them is that, if you eat too many, your tongue turns blue, which would excite any child. Plus, the staining property of the fruit is a sign that it is...
Hiking tips from Postwirt, the Hotel Söll & Hiking Hotel in the Tyrol
Autumn in the majestic mountain world of the Wilder Kaiser beckons with fantastic hikes through lush green forests and across charming alpine pastures … all this in bright sunshine and perfect mountain weather.
We at Postwirt, the Mountainbike Hotel Söll and Hiking Hotel in the Tyrol, are currently enjoying a fantastic late summer with warm hiking temperatures and blue skies. As the hiking season is already in full swing, we would like to share some hiking tips with you on the subject of safe hiking.
Heres what you should look out for:
The perfect starting point for all your hikes is our Postwirt, the Hotel Söll at the heart of the Wilder Kaiser mountain world. We also have a popular Hiking-Special offer, with a wide range of hiking inclusive services.
- You should always choose a mountain tour that suits your own physical condition (not too easy and not too difficult).
- Make sure to bring enough food and – most importantly – drinks on all your hikes.
Tip: Preferably water or drinks containing electrolytes!
- Research the weather situation in the mountains before setting out on your hike.
Tip: It’s advisable to start your mountain tour in the early morning because the midday sun can get very hot in the mountains. In the afternoon, hot summer days often develop into with storms.
- We recommend hiking for no more than 2 hours without taking a break of at least 10 minutes to gather your strength for the next section.
- Pack your backpack with suitable equipments, such as a first-aid-kit, sufficient water, your phone, a flashlight, and rain protection.
- In case of danger or the onset of bad weather, end your moutnain tour in good time to ensure you have enough time for a safe descent.
- Never leave the marked hiking paths!
If you follow all the above hiking tips, you will be sure to spend unforgettable and safe hours in the Wilder Kaiser mountain world. We at Postwirt, the Hotel Söll and Hiking Hotel in Tyrol, wish you a perfect mountain experience.
We would be happy to welcome you at our Hotel Söll!
Yours sincerely, the Bliem Family
P.S. For information on alpine accidents: mountain rescue emergency number: 140