Blueberries are many a child’s favourite fruit: Sweet, small, and the best thing about them is that, if you eat too many, your tongue turns blue, which would excite any child. Plus, the staining property of the fruit is a sign that it is...
Ready for some asparagus?
Ask any enthusiastic hobby chef: winter lasts far too long! Unfortunately, many delicious ingredients are not available during the cold season. However, now we can look forward to enjoying asparagus and other local vegetables all the more.
We have coaxed our chef de cuisine into revealing a nice recipe for POSTWIRT’S News Lounge. An extraordinary Tyrolean asparagus cream soup.
We hope you enjoy cooking it up!
A delicious asparagus recipe
directly from our kitchen at POSTWIRT . LifeStyle Hotel Söll:
Ingredients (4 servings) for the asparagus cream soup:
- 1 kg asparagus
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 180 g peas (e.g. frozen)
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 250 ml cream
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 80 g horseradish (fresh)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 stems of chervil
- 4 salmon fillets (approx. 150 g per person) without skin
Preparation of the asparagus cream soup:
Follow these instructions to whip up a delicious asparagus cream soup for your loved ones:
- Cut off the dry ends of the asparagus (approx. 1 cm) and peel the rest.
Cut off the tips of the asparagus, cut them in half lengthwise and lay them on their sides.
Cut the remaining asparagus into thin slices.
- Finely dice the onion.
- Melt the butter in the pot and sauté the asparagus slices with the onions.
Then, add 100 g peas (if using frozen peas, defrost them beforehand) and season with salt and pepper before adding the sugar.
Add the vegetable stock and the cream and bring to the boil.
Turn down to medium heat and add 1 tsp lemon zest and 1 tbsp lemon juice.
Now, cover and simmer the asparagus cream soup for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix 1 tbsp lemon juice and 4 tbsp olive oil.
Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper on both sides.
Place the salmon in an ovenproof dish and pour over the lemon mixture.
Cook in a preheated oven at 200 °C with bottom heat for 12 minutes (no convection).
- Now it’s time to finely purée the asparagus cream soup. Add the asparagus tips and the remaining peas to the soup. Bring the soup to a boil and then cover over a medium heat for 6 to 10 minutes depending on whether you like the asparagus still firm to the bite or soft.
Now, set the heat to level .
- Finely grate the horseradish and add to the soup to taste (careful, it can get spicy!), and be careful not to let it boil! Season the soup to taste as necessary.
- Cut the salmon into bite-size pieces and arrange in the soup dish.
- Finally, sprinkle the leaves of 4 stalks of chervil, as well as the remaining horseradish, over the asparagus cream soup to taste.